Fun in the Sun: Tips for Staying Safe
Summer is here, and that means it's time to get out and enjoy the sun! But before you head out, make sure you know how to stay safe in the sun.
Here are a few tips:
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Reapply every two hours, or more often if you're sweating or swimming.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses to protect your face and eyes from the sun.
- Seek shade during the hottest part of the day, which is usually between 10am and 4pm.
- Cover up with long sleeves and pants if you're going to be in the sun for a long time.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
If you start to feel burned, get out of the sun and cool down. You can also use a cold compress or aloe vera gel to help soothe the burn.
By following these tips, you can stay safe and have fun in the sun all summer long!